Recycling Electrical Goods Policy
As part of the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations, distributors (retailers) are required to provide information to their customers on:
- requirements of the UK to minimise the disposal of WEEE to landfill, and to achieve high levels of collection of WEEE for environmentally sound treatment
- the collection and take back systems available to them
- their role in contributing to the reuse, recycling and other forms of recovery of WEEE under the regulations
- the potential effects on the environment and human health as a result of the presence of hazardous substances in EEE
- the meaning of the crossed out wheeled bin symbol
In 2000, Valpak Limited founded the recycle-more brand to aid its members in complying with similar producer responsibility legislation. This service has been expanded to include information relating to WEEE.
- the UK’s most comprehensive bank locator
- household recycling information
- business waste advice
- schools information
The bank locator, including facilities for the collection of WEEE, has been an extremely successful feature and is now supporting the government’s own recycling brand, Recycle Now.
www.recycle-more.co.uk received over 2.5 million hits in 2009.